- I like my job and feel challenged in a good way.
- I'm able to give opportunities to colleagues who might not have had them otherwise.
- I have enough money. More would be helpful, but it's enough.
- I have a cute home in a pleasant community where I know (and like) my neighbors, and have no work commute.
- I'm healthy and mobile, in spite of recent setbacks. If I play this right, I'll return to dancing and running as a fitter, stronger person.
- I have a broad variety of competencies. I'm beginning to think this is more useful than being a standout talent, even though it's not as sexy.
- I have family, spouse and friends who respect my need for down time.
- I have plenty of stuff. More than I need, actually. Anyone want some stuff?
- I've lived long enough to see the bigger picture.
- I've let things go that needed to be let go.
- I've reconnected where I should've long ago, and it wasn't scary.
- What I thought were setbacks turned out to be opportunities.
- Life consistently gives me more than I ask for, less than I want, and always exactly what I need.
This was written for Thursday Thirteen.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen